Last Updated: January 2017
January, Two papers accepted for ESCOM2017:
- Groenveld, G. & Sadakata, M. Effect of melodic representation on the Speech-to-Song (STS) Illusion.
- Smit, E. & Sadakata. M. The effect of handedness on lateralization and spatial representation of pitch patterns in pianists
July, No.1 viewed article!: Our paper on enhanced rhythmic perception in L2 learners was the most viewed article in Frontiers Human Neuroscience, June 2016
July, Online Musicality test (in Dutch) I created a short online test to test musical skills, in collaboration with Quest and Radio 10. Try it -->Hoe muzikaal ben jij
July, New article: Weijkamp, J. & Sadakata, M., (2016). Attention to affective audio-visual information: comparing individuals with varying musical experience. Psychology of Music. doi: 10.1177/0305735616654216
July, Three presentations at ICMPC14:
- Sadakata, M., Koning, M., & Ohgushi, K. Comparative judgements of two successive pitch intervals.
- Cornelissen, B., Sadakata. M., & Honing, H. A classification approach to the speech t os ong transformation.
- Chen, A., Roncaglia-Denissen, P., Roor, D., & Sadakata, M. Cross-domain pitch perception, the influence of native language background.
May, New article: Roncaglia-Denissen, M. P., Roor, A. D., Chen, A., & Sadakata, M. (2016). The enhanced musical rhythmic perception in second language learners. Frontiers in Human Neuroscience. Topics: The Evolution of Rhythm Cognition: Timing in Music and Speech.
October 13: I gave a short talk on "gender bias in everyday life" at Good AIfternoon lecture series, dAIversity: gender at Radboud Univeriy Nijmegen.
October, New article accepted (Journal publication): Honingh, A., Panteli, M., Brockmeier, T., Iñaki López Mejí, D., & Sadakata, M. (in press). Perception of timbre and rhythm similarity in Electronic Dance Music. Journal of New Music Research.
October 6, Poster presentation: Garcia-Cossio, E., Sadakata, M., Krutwig, J., Desain, P. & McQueen, J. M. Neurophysiological evidence of self-error detection in pre- and post- L2 speech articulation. Workshop "Self-monitoring and control in speech production". Nijmegen, The Netherlands.
August, New article (Journal publication): Schaefer, R., Beijer, L. J., Seuskens, W., Rietveld, T. C., and Sadakata, M. (2015). Intuitive visualization of pitch and loudness in speech. Psychonomic Bulletin & Review.
August 20: I gave a talk on "Cross-cultural listening to music" at isvw summer school "Musziek ervaren - wat gebeurt er als we luisterrn naar muziek?". The program can be found here.
August 4 I gave a talk at the Kaken Grant A Workshop, hosted by Prof. Shuji Mori, at Kyushu Univeristy. Sadakata, M. & Sekiyama, K. Composing auditory ERPs: Auditory change complex reflects language-specific perception.
July 3 The UvA Cognitive Musicology master presentation day at OMHP C3.23. Most of master students who study with me at UvA will present thier projects. We will also have special guests from the Laboratory for Sound and People with Computing (LSPC) at Tsukuba University, Tokyo and Music Cognition Group (MCG) from ILLC, UvA. Participation is for free. Program is here.
July 5-8: Two poster presentations at the Rhythm Perception and Production Workshop (RPPW, Amsterdam, the Netherlands)
- Roor, D., Roncaglia-Denissen, M. P., Chen, A. & Sadakata, M. - Mastering of two languages with different rhythmic properties enhances musical rhythmic perception.
- Sakino, T., Hamano, T., Sadakata, M., Matsubara, M., Shibayama, Y., Ohmura, H., & Terasawa, H. - The influence of accompaniment in the performance of percussion.
January, New article (Journal publication): Hansen, N. C., Sadakata, M. & Pearce, M.T. (in press). Non- linear changes in rhythmic variability of European art music: Quantitative support for historical musicology, Music Perception.
Radboud Univerisyt Nijmegen (Dept. Artificial Intelligence)
Advanced Research Methods (AI MSc)
Artificial and Natural Music Cognition (AI MSc, RU)
Academic Review and Writing (AI MSc, RU)
Univesity of Amsterdam (Dept. Musicology)
Cognitive and Computational Musicology: Core Seminar(MA, UvA)
Musicality: Core Module (MA, UvA)
Music, Culture and Cognition (BA, UvA)
Music, Culture and Cognition: Case studies (BA, UvA)
Wetenschapsfilosofie Muziekwetenschap (BA, UvA)
Copyright (c) 2012 - 2016 Sadakata.com